Information for Carers
Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know - we may be able to help you
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring.
Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- A guide to care and support: Information for carers and people who have care & support needs.
- Caring for someone: Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital: Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- Taking a break: Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Support and benefits for carers: Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Work and Disability: Guidance, support and help with employment issues.
- Being a young carer: Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers: Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under-65s: Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Benefits for the over-65s: Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer's Assessment: How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefits: Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Office Hours: Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.
Carers Kensington & Chelsea
Carers Kensington & Chelsea provides free advice and information to carers looking after someone who lives in Kensington and Chelsea. Carers Kensington & Chelsea can provide advice on, benefits and grants for carers and their family, community care assessments and carers assessments, carers Personal Budgets. local services available for carers (including health, support, activities, outings and counselling).
Call 0800 032 1089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers network provide a tailored service to unpaid carers; supporting them to identify their needs and empowering them to make informed choices for themselves and the person they care for.
Bereavement Advice Centre is a free helpline and web-based information service provided by Co-op Legal Services. They provide practical information and advice and signposting on the many issues and procedures that face us after the death of someone close.
Works with a network of partners to support carers in their homes and communities by providing replacement care, advice and emotional support.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.